Saturday, February 13, 2016

"Matilda" The Musical Scrapbook Frame

Wow!  I can't believe how delinquint I've been, not just about to posting to this blog, but also in scrapbooking, in general.

In May 2015, a full year since I lasted posted here, I graduated with a second master's degree (see previous post).  My family came to New York for the occasion.

Of course, one of the most popular and fun things to do in New York is go to a Broadway show.  My mom, aunt, and grandma went to "Phantom of the Opera".  I've seen it once and didn't really want to see it again, and my sister didn't really want to see it, either.  So she and I ended up going to "Matilda", which was one of her favorite movies growing up.

We had a lot of fun, and it was a great show!

This is sort of the before picture of the frame.  I show you this because I think it looks pretty cool!  I used a sheet of Natural Cork and then re-purposed some cardboard scrabble coasters and placed them over the cork.


This is the finished product:


- Collector's Museum 12 in by 12 in Shadow Box Scrapbook Frame, Black
- DCWV Natural Cork sheet, 12 in by 12 in, from DCWV Natural Cork Stack
- Scrabble Coasters - I can't remember where I got these.  I didn't realize that they weren't reusable when I bought them, as they are cardboard and not plastic, so I decided to re-purpose them for this project.

I usually include a ticket in the scrapbook frame with a Playbill, but I can't find either ticket from the show, so instead I used a listing of the cast for the specific show that we saw.

One other change that I did make this time is that I cut the cover off of the program.  I've been noticing over time that the Playbill is really too heavy for the frame.  Even when I use mounting tape to hold the inside together, it starts to droop.  It doesn't have as much dimension when it's just the cover as opposed to when you use the whole Playbill, but this way I don't have to worry about it falling apart or ripping the backing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment